Re: Doubt about fan

On 1/7/07, Salatiel Filho <salatiel.filho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys , i have two doubts and i`d be grateful if someone could help-me.

1) When i`m over windows , i can see hear my laptop` fans runing but
when i`m over linux i think they never run or at least i do not hear
then and i think my machine gets a little hot. Is there something that
i can do ???

There is an issue "CPU fan shuts down on load of fan.ko in kernel
2.6.18 and later" reported by Mathew Brett. Maybe your problem is
similar. Please look through the Archives for more information.

2) Is there anyway to control monitor brightness for HP Pavillion
notebooks when working in battery mode ?

--
[]'s
Salatiel

"O maior prazer do inteligente é bancar o  idiota
   diante de um  idiota que banca o inteligente".
-