Re: problems about ACPI sysfs convert work

> > 5. Is “dsdt” and “fadt” still needed in sysfs? This is not necessary because the acpidump tools are quite handy.
> > If “Yes”, are other tables also needed, e.g. multiple SSDTs and dynamically loaded op-regions? This is much more difficult, as they can’t be distinguished sometimes.
> > And where should these tables locate?

> IMO they can vanish (at least temporarily).
> If really needed (AFAIK explicitly loaded tables via "Load(addr,)"
> statement that are not listed in RSDT/XSDT can't be found by acpidump),
> a /sys/../tables/* can still be implemented at later time? We are also
> not able to grab them atm...

FYI, The latest code on the ACPICA branch spits out the physical address
for dynamic tables in dmesg and the latest acpidump can read it by
specifying a physical address as a parameter.

My view is that if we export any tables in sysfs, we should export them all,
including dynamically loaded tables.  The current /proc/acpi/fadt,dsdt
is inconsistent.

I agree, that we can do this later.

-Len
-