Re: Preventing ACPI from Damaging Your CPU

So just to re-iterate, even if you recompile the DSDT so that it
compiles without any errors, there's no guarantee that ACPI won't
kill/damage your processor unless the vendor has something special that
can't be over-ridden by ACPI (such as is the case with HP's newer
motherboards/processors).  So how does Windows manage to get around this
issue?  From my limited understanding of ACPI, the problems seem to be
due to the compilation of the DSDT with the Microsoft Compiler which
Linux would have trouble dealing with because it's too lack on what gets
through.  Am I understanding this issue properly?  Thanks for your help.

--
  Mathew Brown
  mathewbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx

                          unladen european swallow