Re: /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature always reports 40C - is this a bug?

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 21:03, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ethan, at http://bugs.gentoo.org/142635 reports that the thermal zone
> always reads 40C. Is this something that should be filed at the kernel
> bugzilla for further investigation, or can we simply blame a
> buggy/unfixable BIOS? I understand that i2c/hwmon is the more common way
> of measuring temperatures.

Probably this isn't specific to a gentoo build and would happen just
the same with a kernel.org build.  So if it is a bug, it is probably an upstream bug.

However, unless it used to work, or something bad happens,
this is sort of an academic failure.  I suppose if you ran Windows
on the box and it displayed a changing temperature via ACPI
but Linux does not, then it would be more interesting.

It would be good to verify that ACPI events in general
are working on the box -- eg. the power button etc -- as a failure
there would also be more interesting than unchanging temperature.

-Len
-