Re: DSDT database

I am interested in identifying and manipulating SMBus devices. I am most
interested in the clock generator, SMBus address 0x69. However, from
what I can see each clock generator has a VERY different SMBus register
layout. From reading the standard I see that the ACPI DSDT table is
capable of enumerating SMBus devices, but from the few DSDT tables I
have looked at there is never any SMBus devises, and often the SMBus
master itself is not represented. Now, I have only looked at about 6 so
far. I was hoping that looking at more may give me an idea of how common
it is to have SMBus devices listed in the DSDT.

A a slightly off note, since I see some Intel people here, I have been
trying to get a hold of the Intel Clock Synthesizer recommendations with
little success. I have CK97 and CK00. I see references to a CK410,
CK510, etc. Does anyone know where I can find these specs? I have trying
calling and emailing Intel support with no success.

In the end, I am trying to find a standard way of at least identifying
which clock generator is on a machine with only software. That is, no
peaking at the motherboard. Short of that, any standard methods for
manipulating the clock generator would do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you for the responses I
have received so far.

Tom Carley.

-