Re: Re: non functionable snd-ad1816a in Kernel 2.6.18-rc2

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:40:56 -0600
Von: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@xxxxxx>
An: "Uwe Bugla" <uwe.bugla@xxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: non functionable snd-ad1816a in Kernel 2.6.18-rc2

> On Tuesday 18 July 2006 03:34, Uwe Bugla wrote:
> > Just a reminder for everybody listening:
> > My soundcard (snd-ad1816a) does not work in Kernel 2.6.18-rc2.
> > I guess the reason for this is that Matthieu´s material is still
> residing in the mm-branch. Can I please have a constructive feedback where things
> are hanging after all that immense amount of time I spent to forward this
> issue?
> > A thousands of thanks for Matthieu´s work one more time!
> > The bug ID is 6292, and the ACPI_PRODUCER reject patch is still missing
> in the main vanilla tree.
>
> Yup, the patch is in the -mm tree, and should make its way to
> the mainline vanilla kernel eventually.  It does take a while,
> because we want to make sure it doesn't break somebody else's
> system while fixing yours.
>
> Bjorn

OK so far.
But how can we make sure that it does not break somebody else´s system while fixing mine when anything deriving from the two Intel guys is NAK?
If they would be a bit more cooperative things would go forward much faster I think.
I see this patchwork getting rusty in the mm-tree, and that can´t be it, can it?

Regards
Uwe

-