Re: [patch 1/5] ACPI: Atlas ACPI driver

On 7/14/06, Brown, Len <len.brown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Note that this driver can not be accepted into the kernel without
an entry being added to the MAINTAINERS file showing who is
going to look after it.

Ok. I'll add a maintainers entry for myself.

Yes, I know that you were following the existing examples of
platform-specific drivers in /drivers/acpi, but those examples
need to change (and they are a little more complex than this one
b/c they scribble in their own unique ways /proc/acpi...)
But think sonypi, instead.

Ok. Will do. I'll move it to drivers/input/touchscreen/ as per
Dmitry's suggestion.

So when this does make it upstream, it will have to live outside
the /drivers/acpi/ directory, and acpi should not be part of
the driver name.  It should build depending on CONFIG_ACPI,
and should load depending on acpi_disabled, and should use
ACPI routines that are exported by the ACPI sub-system (it does,
though the headers are so incestuous at this point that it isn't
enforced)

Ok. Will do.

thanks,
-Len

ps.
I believe that you want to delete the reference below to
/proc/acpi/event, yes?

Yes, I did. That one was posted here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-acpi&m=115233799829220&w=2

Thanks,