Fwd: ACPI's 'thermal_zone' and 'fan' on XW6200, kernel 2.6.15

In hope for a reply:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alon Keren <alon.keren@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 28, 2006 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: ACPI's 'thermal_zone' and 'fan' on XW6200, kernel 2.6.15
To: linux-acpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: haizaar@xxxxxxxxx

(Please CC me any replies, since I'm not subscribed to this list)

Hi,

>When loading acpi's 'fan' and 'thermal' modules, the dircetories
>'/proc/acpi/{fan,thermal_zone}' appear, but contain nothing. No

It looks like fan and thermal not present in DSDT on your system.
To make sure you should check for '_TZ' (thermal zone definition) and
'PNP0C0B' (fan device h/w ID) entries in your DSDT.
Look here for reference: http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/index.php

Regards.
Konstantin.

Thanks. Indeed, neither '_TZ' nor 'PNP0C0B' were present in the
decompiled DSDT. I upgraded my BIOS to the latest version but nothing
changed in those departments.
My question now is: what's my next step, if any? Am I strictly at the
mercy of the vendor - HP - or is there something that could be done?

Alon