Re: 2.6.17-rc4-mm3 - kernel panic

Hello Kristen,

your last patch booted fine. And I've also managed to compile nvidias NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8756-pkg1 driver. There were two little patches needed in order to compile against mm. But these patches seems to break S3, now S3 doesn't work at all with nvidias closed source drivers. Even more bad news (well, only for me I guess ;) ). Resuming from S3 in single user mode w/o nvidias driver, using video post works with powerbutton and keyboard, but not with WOL. I've managed to wake up the system up to eight times using magic packet, the nineth time the box died. I wrote, that your first debugging patch seems to fix my WOL problem, but now I think, that I've just been lucky. You ask me to activate the kernel-debugging option, well this could changed the behaviour. Perhaps I do have a kind of race condition, that just let my box die a little bit later now. How ever, I'm back now on 2.6.17-rc4 with Lens latest acpi-release patch, and do have two lan0 entries in my /proc/interrupts again. Len sais, this is bad ;) (w/o Lens apci-patch there are also two lan0 entries!). With 2.6.17-rc4-mm3 the two-lan0-entries problem was gone, but seems not to fix the WOL problem.

Since I've enabled kernel-debugging, I resend my dmesg from the 2.6.17-rc4 with my two lan0 entries and a /proc/interrupts output. Here it is:
--> http://as68.homeip.net/kernel/2.6.17-rc4-len/

Actually this thread ("2.6.17-rc4-mm3 - kernel panic") could be closed with status "solved", since there is no more kernel panic with 2.6.17-rc4-mm3 anymore. Thank You Kristen!

Thank You all very much for Your support!

Regards,

Andreas

-