RE: 2.6.17-rc4-mm3 - kernel panic

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 20:05 +0000, acme wrote:
> Hello Kristen,
>
> does it make sense for me to patch? I meen, if you want me to dmesg, I
> need a clean boot. But the panic occurs on boot. Since your patch makes
> nothing but logging, this makes less sense for me.

The patch should prevent the oops if the problem is that the
dock_station structure is not initialized.  It does this by checking for
a NULL dock_station pointer and returning rather than dereferencing it.
So, if this is the cause of the oops, we will know because your system
will boot, and you will be able to get the dmesg.  So, if you could try
using the patch and reporting back either way, I would really appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Kristen

-