RE: [patch 16/16] acpi: suppress power button event on S3 resume

>ok here it goes the state of applying this 16 patches against
2.6.17-rc4

heh, want a job?:-)

Although Andrew publishes the patches as they apply cleanly in the -mm
series,
I actually do exactly what you tried -- I generally apply the patches to
branches
based directly on Linus' tree rather than on top of sometimes unrelated
patches
that are also in my tree.  Then I pick what branches are ready to go and
merge them into a "test" branch for Andrew, and into a "release" branch
for Linus.

For patches with no dependencies, this allows them to "pass" each other
depending on urgency, test soak time etc.  For patches that have
conflicts,
this burns a lot of my time merging to pull the patches into "test" for
-mm
and then I repeat the same merge again to pull into "release" (no, Linus
doesn't want the test history in his "clean" history)  As ACPI didn't
go into 2.6.17, we are (what I consider) an uncomfortable distance away
from Linus' tree right now, and I'm looking forward to 2.6.18 opening
when we should be able to fix that.

thanks,
-Len
-