RE: how to back from suspend without shutdown

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 21:59 +0800, Yu, Luming wrote:
> >Hi everybody,
> >I have a new laptop one HP Compaq NX6110 , that works quite well with
> >suspend and hibernation.
> >
> >But after suspend , how I bring back computer ?, the only key that I
> >know is power button, but after press power button and laptop wake-up,
> >Begins the shutdown process because is triggered the power button
> >shutdown .
> >any ideas ?
>
> Maybe you need to write a patch:
>
> acpi_button_notify:
> 	if(acpi_during_suspend_resume)
> 		don't generate power button event to confuse user space
> daemon,
I agree 100% , just  more simply  and more specific
acpi_button_notify:
	if (acpi_during_suspend_resume && power_button_event)
		don't generate event to confuse user space daemon

> for acpi_during_suspend_ruesme definition please search title
> "Power-button event after resume from S3" in acpi ML archive.

so the patch is this
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-acpi&m=114472292910442&w=2

I don't agree with not sending other events than power_button_event.

On my point of view, the perfect way, is have user space daemon
receiving all events after suspend less the power_button_event, because
this one was used to make machine wake up, simply like that.

Thanks,

--
Sérgio M. B.