Re: Dual Core CPU on Abit NI8-Board

Hello again!

After contacting the Abit-Support I know, what is my problem...

My motherboard does not support FSB800-CPUs with less then 3,0GHz :-(
http://www.abit.com.tw/cpu_support/intel-pd-8xx.htm

So, now I have an expensive motherboard and an expensive 2,8 GHz cpu that
won't work correctly together - funny, isn't it :-/
The next thing I'll do is to buy a 3,0GHz CPU and hope that this will work
better...

Thank you very much for your support!!!

Greetings
Frank

Am Friday, 7. April 2006 07:07 schrieb Frank von Daak:
>Hello!
>
>I've a problem with my configuration and maybe someone of you can help me
> out.
>
>My system looks like this:
>Abit NI8 SLI mother board
>CPU Pentium-D 2,8 GHz (dual-core)
>1 GB DDR2-RAM (one module)
>2x GeForc7800GTX grahpics adapter (to connect three monitors)
>kernel 2.6.17-rc1 (vanilla)
>
>My problem ist, that a "cat /proc/cpuinfo" show's just one cpu-core if I
> boot with ACPI enabled.
>If I disable ACPI by removing it from kernel or by passing
> 'append="acpi=off"' to my lilo.conf, the system is going unstable. It is
> freezing sporadical without any trace output. The freezes occur after a
> short time, especialy when I run OpenGL-applications - but also without
> OpenGL!
>
>I have collected some information about my system here:
>dmesg's output with acpi-debug enabled in kernel:
>http://www.kpage.de/dmesg_acpi3.txt
>
>My kernels ".config"-file:
>http://www.kpage.de/config.txt
>
>The output of "cat /proc/interrupts" when ACPI is enabled:
>http://www.kpage.de/interrupts_acpi3.txt
>
>The output of "cat /proc/interrupts" when ACPI is disabled:
>http://www.kpage.de/interrupts_noacpi3.txt
>
>The output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo" if ACPI is enabled:
>http://www.kpage.de/cpuinfo_acpi3.txt
>
>The output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo" if ACPI is disabled:
>http://www.kpage.de/cpuinfo_noacpi3.txt
>
>And last, but not least: the output of "acpidump":
>http://www.kpage.de/acpidump.txt
> You can find some more information about what I've done by now here:
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-smp&m=114421848813280&w=2
>
>I have also contacted nvidia and abit - without response from abit by the
>time...
>
>Who can give me a little help?
>
>Thank you very much!!!
>Greetings