Re: Help with Averatec C3500

Bug #6332 filed against ACPI.

As far as the part of the output which details the lack of IO address, I'll leave that to Alan Stern... I'm not quite that advanced at this point..

Thanks for the help!
Michael J. Kidd

Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
On Saturday 01 April 2006 09:58, Michael J. Kidd wrote:
I have an Averatec C3500 Convertible Tablet PC. With the initial bios version that ships with the unit, USB and PCMCIA both work fine in linux. However, there is a terrible keyboard lag and dropped keys. The follow-on bios revisions fixed the keyboard issues, but caused USB and PCMCIA to both stop working. Note: All devices continue to operate fine in Windows. I'm posting this here in hopes that someone will take interest in this issue ( there are several others trying to use linux on these laptops. ) I've captured dmesg output after enabling CONFIG_USB_DEBUG and CONFIG_PCMCIA_DEBUG in the kernel config, and the output from lspci -vvxxx, as well as the DSDT output from both the original BIOS ( USB working / Keyboard not ) and the latest BIOS revision ( USB Not working / Keyboard works great ).

The link for all this captured data is: http://www.linuxkidd.com/c3500 I've detailed the machine hardware, running kernel, etc.. as well as linked to all the above described captures.

Thanks for your effort in debugging this.  Can you please open a
bug report at http://bugzilla.kernel.org?

After posting the above request to the linux-usb list, Alan Stern responded with: