Laptop fan on Acer 4061NWLCi

Hi,

I have recently bought an Acer 4061NWLCi laptop and am having trouble
getting ACPI to work. I hope somoene will help me out :-)

I am running Ubuntu Linux -- Breezy Badger 5.10. With the default
Ubuntu kernel (2.6.12) ACPI did not work at all. I did not even get
the battery status in GNOME. Then I installed the latest kernel (
2.6.16.1) and ACPI started working - at least partially! I could check
my CPU temperature, AC adapter status, and battery status.

The only thing not working is the CPU fan. I tried reading through my
current(broken) DSDT and surprisingly there is no mention of a fan
anywhere! In the Thermal Zone configuration there is no mention of
_ACx (_AC0, _AC1, etc.) as well. I can post my DSDT to the list if it
would help.

Can anyone please help me in fixing this? Running my laptop without a
fan is pretty dangerous as the CPU temperatures crosses 65 degrees
celcius at times.

Can I declare a fan and an active cooling temperature point in the
DSDT, recompile it and hope that it would work? Has anyone else done
this kind of a thing before?

TIA
Nandz,
--