From: linux-acpi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-acpi-
owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of glen martin
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:50 AM
To: linux-acpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: no /proc/acpi, trying to dump dsdt to a file

Yeah, no problem at all. What, Windows care about a broken dsdt? Bah
:)

A number of folks have run into this dsdt problem with this and
related
boards from ASUS. The instructions on how to deal suggest dumping and
fixing the dsdt table,or grabbing a pre-fixed one from the repository
on
SF.  I tried the repository, but the iasl compiler won't deal with it,
so the next attempt was to dump and fix my existing broken table from
the BIOS.

Thanks,

glen

Moore, Robert wrote: