Re: On-line linking?

Hello Marcin,

It looks like you are hitting the 64K limit that Jody experienced in his previous attempt to make 'busyelks', so the splitting in 3 executables...

ELKS does not support dynamic linking.

Even with that linking, the IA16 architecture could not break the 64K limit without 'magic' tricks like 'far' pointers, segmentation in 286 protected mode, external MMU, etc, that are definitively not in today scope of ELKS.

On-line linking could appear as a good idea on the paper or in modern 4 GHz emulators, but on real & antic HW with slow disk I/O, it merely does not work (or maybe with a very big coffee mug ?). I am not even talking of embedded systems...

LD86 was part of the DEV86 set that we dropped some months ago, for some very very good reasons.

Welcome to the "small is beautiful" world, where ELKS contributors have to write compact & efficient C code :-) !

Thanks,

MFLD