ELKS says "bye bye" to DEV86

All,

We are close to end a (very) long discussion about the next compiler for ELKS...

ELKS project (see https://github.com/jbruchon/elks) was tightly coupled to DEV86 until last year. ELKS is now finishing its transition to a full build chain based on GCC-IA16 (see https://github.com/tkchia/gcc-ia16) and will be no more linked to DEV86.

There are still many components in DEV86 related to ELKS, but they don't need to be maintained anymore by ELKS contributors. So please consider them as 'residual' (or 'historical') elements.

This transition could have not been completed without the huge preparation work performed by /Juan Perez-Sanchez, who early tested & tuned ELKS on various compilers, and the very proactive support of //TK Chia, who currently maintains the GCC-IA16 fork. Special thanks to both of them./

/Now ELKS takes advantage of a modern compiler that makes room in our 64K segment for new features, and raises plenty of new warnings to take care of :-)/

/Enjoy !/

/MFLD.fr/