telnetc behavior

Using the new telnetc client on my host,

if I enter the lscommand  then 2 carriage returns, the first line of
the output shows up in my telnet server:

ash banner basename cal cat chgr

The rest of the ls listing shows up in my telnet client, starting with
the p from chgrp

When I enter env and enter 2 carriage returns in my client, it prints
the environment variable (just one line) on the ELKS telnet server.  I
would expect it to be sent to my client.

It looks like the first line of the telnet server output is not
getting sent to the client in my configuration for some reason.

Thanks,
Derek