Re: Elks networking

Perhaps you meant "ez-dos" ?

As stated in a previous post by Alan, driving the old-fashion NE2K
chip (and compatible) through the ISA bus (or equivalent on embedded
system) is quite easy. I am currently writing the driver from scratch,
after reading the datasheet and being inspired by some other driver
implementations (DOS packet driver, BIOS diag, etc), to avoid any
license concern.

Any pointer to other implementation is welcome, for background
information and benchmarking purpose.

About integration of such driver in ELKS, the discussion is still open
today. Initial intent is to replace the low-level layer of KTCP that
sends / receives the packet on the /tty interface for SLIP, but it
appears that program needs to be reworked, to implement an ARP
transponder, and the driver needs to implement the select / poll
operations for efficient processing (as /tty that is selectable).

So I am focusing now on having a code that is able to configure the
PHY, to control the MAC to stack / unstack packets, and being notified
of packet reception. After this first step, I would deliver to Jody's
master and ask the community for guidelines for ELKS integration.

MFLD