Re: Right BCC version to use ?

I am adding things to my fork of bcc. lkundrak hasn't touched it since 2013 (which is not necessarily a bad thing). The only change I've made so far is writing a stdint.h header which allows use of the types specified in C99 such as int32_t and uint_fast8_t. The C99 types are needed to port some software to ELKS more easily. I intend to make modifications when needed for bug fixes and portability purposes.

ELKS is tightly tied to BCC for now, so some future development will probably require changes to it. A big difference between BCC and GCC is that BCC includes a C library and headers whereas GCC is only a compiler and requires a C library to be built separately. That means I can't fix issues with the C library without bringing the whole thing along.

Currently there is no need for my fork to build ELKS itself and I don't foresee that changing soon. If it does, I'll try to submit my patches upstream.

-Jody