core utilities

I've been looking at the source code for some of the Minix utilities
that replace the standard GNU coreutils.  I noticed several Minix
based utilities in the Elks (elkscmd) source tree.  I also noticed
Minix itself seems to be switching to using BSD based utilities and is
no longer using many of these programs.  Am curious about the pros and
cons of using the Minix code versus the NetBSD/FreeBSD code for basic
utilities.  Anyone have any opinions?

Am also curious if there's been any progress on the BusyElks project
and how things are going with it.

Don't know if anyone's interested, but I've been experimenting with a
modified version of PicoBSD's msh and attempting to add enough bash
features to it to be able to run scripts I have for building various
applications.  It's still in the works, but I'm making some progress.

Sincerely,
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/cpp