Re: ELKS disk images updated

On 2/19/12, Jody Bruchon <jody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
snip
> I feel that a much better approach will be to take the
> separate sources we have now and combine them into an ELKS "BusyBox"
> instead. It would involve far less work since the tools work fine with
> ELKS already and are written in the C dialect required. I'll take
> another look and see what I could do to merge them together.

Yes, you are right, modifying existent programs source code to become
just a single binary like busybox will be easier than porting original
busybox to ELKS.

Do you think it is easy to port Linux applications to use Dev86 libc
or is it very inconsistent?

> sh is a copy of ash, not a symlink, unless you use the 360K root disk,
> where I symlinked it and was able to copy a few more useful tools such
> as "tr" because of the extra 50K I gained. I will correct that problem
> later; the other disks had free space whereas the 360K root disk was
> totally full. When I built new binaries with the latest Dev86 toolchain,
> all binaries shrunk, so I took advantage of this to further reduce the
> size of the system. The 360K disk is still completely full...but now it
> has more stuff! :-)

I noticed some commands are not working correctly, please try this one:
# cd /bin
# ls -l | more

I think the problem is on pipe (|) because "more file" is working.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Alan