[RFC] Possible ELKS bug fixes in "nanox" project

This project is based on ELKS:
http://code.google.com/p/nanox/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk

There are some bug fixes and feature improvements within that I'm interested in adding to the ELKS code base, but I'd like for others on the list to review them first. Some of the fixes are already applied in Git, but others are not, and it also appears that the individual who maintained this project wrote some direct console code which could be helpful...assuming it works and doesn't break other things.

Can someone test some of these changes? Preferably on real hardware if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Jody Bruchon