Re: howto start

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Jody wrote:

On 2/7/2012 7:08 AM, kqt4at5v@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
So I have a boot image to burn to floppy
My pc has a 1.44MB floppy and my Tandy has a 720KB floppy
I can burn the boot image to floppy and it will boot my pc but the Tandy tells me it is an invalid boot disk
I believe this is a problem with lots of 720KB floppies being written in 1.44MB drives. You'll have to format the disk as a 720KB disk, THEN write the image to it, and even then it has a chance of not working. I assume that you are using a 1.44MB disk; make sure it's formatted as a 720KB disk, not a 1.44MB disk.

Jody

Well I have a working boot disk Tandy can read
I tried covering the hd hole in a 1.44MB disk and formating it in the Tandy then writing the boot file on the pc, but still no cigar
The only thing that worked so far is writing a old 720KB disk on the pc using 'dd if=Image of=/dev/fd0u720'
Y'all recon if I put a 1.44MB drive in the Tandy it would recognize it
Anyway now to a root file
I tried just a make in elkscmd and got a number of errors complaining about missing header files
The header files do exist in elks/include/linuxmt/ but some source files a compiled without the extra include directory option, -I
What is the reasoning for some with -I and some not
I thought it best to ask before I started hacking the make file

Richard