Re: INVLPG question

On 12/11/11 18:57, Xin Tong wrote:
[...]
>    When a process has a page fault and Linux swaps out a page from
> another process and give it to the page-faulting process. Typically a
> INVLPG is used to invalidate entries  in the TLB. I would like to know
> whether INVLPG is global ( i.e. across all cores )?

Last I looked the 8086 didn't have a TLB, or page faults of any
description, and I'm pretty sure that nobody's built a multicore
8086-based machine, so I suspect you might have the wrong mailing list.

You may have better luck here:

http://www.tux.org/lkml/

│
│ "Under communism, man exploits man. Under capitalism, it's just the
│ opposite." --- John Kenneth Galbrith