Re: [OT] An embedded RTOS ANSI/POSIX compatible

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:04 AM, David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2010-08-05 01:42, Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> I found an interesting RTOS which could fit where Linux (uClinux) can
>> fit: deep embedded system (<100KB Flash,<2KB RAM).
>
> You might also be interested in Prex:
>
> http://prex.sourceforge.net/
>
> It's a very elegant microkernel operating system, also BSD licensed. It's
> bigger than NuttX but it will (optionally) support MMU. There's a Posix
> layer that can be used to run userland programs complete with fork() and
> vfork() (hardware allowing).
>
> I recently ported it to the Cybiko to see what it was like. The Cybiko is an
> H8-based device with 256kB flash and 256kB RAM; it ran fine, but the
> developer shell was rather too big to be useful!
>
> It really requires a 32-bit processor, but it may be possible to wedge it
> into a 8088 given the right compiler in huge mode.
>
> --
> ┌─── dg@cowlark.com ───── http://www.cowlark.com ─────
> │
> │ life←{ ↑1 ⍵∨.^3 4=+/,¯1 0 1∘.⊖¯1 0 1∘.⌽⊂⍵ }
> │ --- Conway's Game Of Life, in one line of APL
> --

Hello!
David a Cybiko? I looked at one of the things, based on a site who,
ah, promoted the wonders of everything. It seemed underpowered, and
yet rather useful for its own merit.

According to that site, who's name has slipped my mind, the firm
behind Cybiko went out of business not too long ago.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@xxxxxxxxx