Re: Has anyone gotten ELKS to run on an I80186 based system?

--- Denis Brown <dsbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> <snip info about systems using 80186, 80188)
>
> Also a laptop manufactured in Australia
> (Queensland?) that had 80186
> IIRC.   If it hasn't gone to the tip I'll see what
> it is / was called :-)

 speaking of laptops, the IBM Radio PC (or PC Radio?)
also used an 80186 (or was it an 80188?). These units
are ultra rare (I have 2, but don't have a good
battery amongst them, nor a charger). They were made
specifically for Sears IINM. Had the ability to
communicate over the old style analog cellular
networks.
 Radio Electronics published a series of articles on
how to build a goofy robot (the RE Robot in fact). The
mobo/controller sported an 80188. I have the plans and
artwork if anyone is interested. Not exactly peecee
compatible, being it does utilize at least some of the
integral peripheral functions of the 80188 (unlike the
Tandy 2000 which seemingly used very little or none.
Every major chip found on a 5150 mobo (IBM PC) is
found on it's mobo).