Porting to different architectures

Hello, all!

I was glad to see that the ELKS project had a new maintainer...but when I saw that the distribution site was down, I thought I'd better check to see whether anyone was really still alive here.  Assuming there is someone out there reading my mail, I have two ideas to discuss...

A friend of mine and I are in the process of building a single board computer based on Western Design Center's 65c265, which is a 16-bit MCU which supports program sizes up to 64k, and data sizes up to the limit of memory (16M). Naturally, our first choice for an operating system for this hardware would be a unix-variant...and since ELKS is already coded for the 8086, we thought we could do a pretty straight port of it.  I'd really like to get the latest release, but unfortunately it looks as if Jody Bruchon's site is down.

Actually, that brings me to my next idea...I have a server at home with a 6M/512k DSL connection.  I know, it's not a super fast connection, but it is available...and I would like to offer it to be used as a mirror for the ELKS project.  I will also offer whatever help I can for fixing the CVS repository, or perhaps considering with others a move to SVN.

I hope that there is still life in this code yet...it would be rather nice to see Linux booting on our hardware. :-)

Thanks,
Chris Cureau

-