Updates

I have recently discovered, as of Tuesday evening,
that Sourceforge's anonymous CVS for ELKS is up and
running (Thanks, Jody!). It hasn't been edited in a
year and a half, but I'm confident it will soon be
brought up to speed. I have finally gotten a working,
bootable ELKS system, but I don't have an HTTP server,
so I'd have to send binaries via email if anyone wants
them. There seem to be two outstanding bugs in the BCC
include library system, where linuxmt/types.h and
linuxmt/errno.h need to be replaced with the
equivalents in elks/include/linuxmt; does anyone else
have compile problems with elkscmd/sys_utils/ps.c and
elksnet/ktcp/tcpdev.c? Some outstanding projects on
the todo list I've noticed:

- Finish porting the nano-x windows system to ELKS
(there's a few files in elkscmd/lib/vga, but only
enough for a simple demo, and it isn't installed). I
get a few errors on compilation but nothing too bad.
- Port bootblocks into elkscmd. It would make things
quite a bit easier and would cut loose some of the
BCC-integration.
- Take all of the programs in elkscmd/mtools and
combine them into one program. This would save a great
deal of disk space if it's ever integrated into the
disk images, and would make things a lot easier for
anyone trying to use it.
- Make elkscmd/e3 compilable with as86. It results in
ten bazillion error messages currently. (I don't know
any assembly.)
- Fix the compilation bugs in elkscmd/elvis. I suspect
it's another BCC library error like the ones above,
although there seem to be other problems.

I'll try and get some of these finished if I have a
free weekend, but I'm only an amateur and I'm not sure
how far I'll get. May the Force be with us!