Re: Minimum RAM for ELKS?

--- Vikas Kumar <walburn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey Dave
> Use Bochs emulator. Set the RAM to how much ever
> your target machine
> has, and use an elks image and see if it works.  iF
> it works on this
> setting, it should work on your target hardware as
> well.
>
> Vikas

I remember there being an option in the ELKS
configuration about how many 64 KB memory pages were
necessary, and the minimum was 4 (256 KB). Also, I've
noticed that even on a modern system with the full 640
KB possible, the ash and rc shells don't run (if sash
isn't linked to /bin/sh, it crashes on bootup).