Re: help with modem installation

Hello Antonio,

I cannot find hsfmodem-7.80.02.05full_k3.13.0_24_generic_ubuntu_i386.deb.zip anywhere.

Edwin

On Mon, 19 May 2014, Antonio Olivares wrote:

scanModem reports that your modem would be supported by hsfmodem
drivers which are currently unsupported.  Maybe due to the
availability of broadband and other circumstances, Linuxant has ceased
to extend support of hsfmodem drivers.

Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 00:1e.3:
   Modem chipset  detected on
NAME="Modem: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW "
CLASS=0703
PCIDEV=8086:266d
SUBSYS=1014:0576
IRQ=23
SOFT=8086:266d.MC97
CodecArchived=CXT
CodecClass=CXT
IDENT=hsfmodem
Driver=hsfmodem-drivers

For candidate modem in:  00:1e.3
  0703 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW
     Primary device ID:  8086:266d
   Subsystem PCI_id  1014:0576
   Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics:
                              from    Archives: CXT, a Conexant type
using hsfmodem software.
     CXTnn is  a generic for all CXTnumbers, with  Linuxant hsfmodem
software support.

Support type needed or chipset:    hsfmodem

Writing DOCs/Intel.txt

For owners of a Dell PCs with Conexant HSF modems, a driver source
package with full speed enabled is available, but requires driver
compiling. Read DOCs/Conexant.txt

Modem support packages from Linuxant include resources for compiling drivers.
If an installer package matching your kernel_version  is not provided,
just install a generic code package.

From  http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/downloads-ubuntu-x86.php
download hsfmodem-7.80.02.05full_k3.13.0_24_generic_ubuntu_i386.deb.zip
Under Linux unpack with:
$ unzip hsfmodem*.zip
Then install with:
$ sudo dpkg -i hsfmodem*.deb
Subsequently, the modem should be found with
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
Edit in your personal information with:
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
and try dialing out with:
$ sudo wvdial.
See DOCs/Testing.txt  for details.

The directions following below need only be pursued, if the above
procedures are not adequate.

Start at http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/downloads-license.php to find the
hsfmodem package matching your System. For several Linux distros, there are
precompiled drivers matched to specific kernels. These have within the FileName,
your KernelVersion:    3.13.0_24_generic
They can be found through http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/downloads.php
A more precise location may be given a few paragraphs below.
If an EXACT Match with your your KernelVersion is not found, one of the
"Generic packages with source" near the bottom of the page must be used.
Downloaded packages must be moved into the Linux partition (home folder is OK)
and unzipped with:
   unzip hsf*.zip
The installation command for a .deb suffic packages is, with root/adm
permission:
 sudo dpkg -i hsf*.deb
while for .rpm suffix it is, with:
 rpm -i hsf*.rpm