linmodems.technion.ac.il is partially back

Last Thursday my PC which used to run linmodems blntly fell on its side (a high-tower beneath my desk, ending its 13 years of essentially ininterrupted service highly damaged. I am in the process of relocating the backups which I had, unfortunately 2 years old due to my health status. The bulk of articles were unchanged and are available. A few broken links will reappear. The archive is there until 24 August 2010, and I will care for what is missing asap. I still have to reinstall the indexing software (not its data files which have been saved). If you try too early to read the archives you will fall on a broken link to that functionality.

Sorry.
I apologize for the long shut down: I had a deadline for a project in need of funding.

Jacques