Can you erase /etc/init.d/537_boot ?

Dear Andrew,

I just realized that I was not erasing /etc/init.d/537_boot but /etc/rc.d/537_boot. This works on a Fedora system but not on a Debian/Ubuntu system. This problem was specific to makefile_537. So I modified my makefile_537 to correctly perform this action at the very beginning of the uninstall actions. I took advantage to also move this action at the very beginning of the makefile_536 in the uninstall make target.

Meanwhile your system has crashed. Can you boot the Ubuntu Rescue CD and erase /etc/init.d/537_boot ?

Thank you so much to have removed the ModemManager. I hope I shall at last be able to get rid from the NO DIALTONE message, but I am not so sure.

There are things Intel did I do not understand in the driver. This is specifically related to your modem board. I must dig into disassembled code (537core.lib) to attempt to understand.

--
Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)
SIP: sip:Vouters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx