Re: I am bothered by the serial driver - Can't SSH to your Ubuntu computer

Andrew,

The problem with the "serial" driver is that it is included into the kernel and automicatically scans the PCI bus. It can't be blacklisted unless rebuilding a kernel. This driver interferes with the 537ep modem hence it likely displaying a NO DIALTONE.

By the way did you boot the Ubuntu Rescue CD and could delete /etc/init.d/537_boot ????

Yours truly,

Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)
SIP: sip:Vouters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx