Re: Help to setup my modem in Ubuntu 11.04

Hashem,

You might need to get kernel-headers package from ubuntu packages.
scanModem reports this see the following quote:

<quote>
 linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic resources needed for compiling are not
manifestly ready!

 If compiling is necessary packages must be installed, providing:
	 linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic

If a driver compilation fails, with message including some lack of
some FileName.h (stdio.h for example), then
Some additional kernel-header files need installation to /usr/include.
The minimal additional packages are libc6-dev
and any of its dependents, under Ubuntu linux-libc-dev

If an alternate ethernet connection is available,
$  apt-get update
$  apt-get -s install linux-kernel-devel
will install needed packages.
For Debian/Ubuntu related distributions, run the following command to
display the needed package list:

Otherwise packages have to be found through http://packages.ubuntu.com
Once downloaded and transferred into a Linux partition,
they can be installed alltogether with:
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
</quote>
If you have a working connection, download the package
linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic, and install with above command
suggested, then retry the process
$ sudo dpkg -i  linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic.deb

Regards,

Antonio