Re: Request Help-ModemData

Bahman,

I was not sure, but now I am.  Download a slax module that will help
you connect to the internet:

http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=366

Download the module to your computer copy it to your slax partition or
if you are running live
# activate slmodem-2.9.11-20080417.lzm

Then you can use /dev/ttySL0 as the modem port in KPPP or if you want
to use wvdial within slax download the following modules:

Download the following modules
http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=624

http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=368

activate them, first wvstreams module then wvdial one.  Then run
# wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

edit /etc/wvdial.conf with kwrite, mcedit or any editor that your
username, password, and ISP phone number and a line "Carrier Check =
no" and perhaps the line "Stupid Mode = yes" if in case you are unable
to connect.

If the module fails to load, then you may do the following Download
the sources referenced in the module page and download the build
script and copy it over, then make it exectuable (chmod +x filename)
and run it.  It will build you a new module that should work.

Hope this helps,

Antonio

P.S.
If I am not mistaken, Marv had already replied to you and referred you
to download the slmodem-2.9.11-20XXYY package and ungrab-winmodem.  I
had not replied since you were running 6.0.7 which is a bit old.  and
was not sure if I had a module(slax ready made self contained package)
ready.