Re: Aran, Israel, Ubuntu kernel 2.6.35-24-generic-pae Dynamode M56PCI H-I Modem

Answering message below from Antonio

Antonio is absolutely right to recommend reading Philippe's note http://vouters.dyndns.org/Intel/Intel-Readme.html which is of course mirrored as http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/Intel/Philippe.Vouters/Intel-Readme.html

However it is too early to report to Philippe because the compilation has not yet failed: it has even not started!
It is my fault and I apologize.
I thought that kernel-headers is sufficient to compile, and Aran's report shows that kernel-headers is indeed installed and updated on his machine. I overlooked Philippe's repeated statement that kernel-devel too is necessary. According to Aran's last attempt to compile, the failure to compile is because kernel-devel is not installed. So it seems to me that the next thing to do for Aran is to check if he has kernel-devel installed (can be done by trying to install it the same way as kernel-headers), install it if really missing, and try again to compile ( make 536 ).

Jacques