Re: could you help

Maysaa

Please send email requests to the List, not directly to me as I am not
reliably on line.

A desirable maintenance package, dkms, surprisingly does not seem to
be installed on your Ubuntu Maverick installation.  Please check for
some response from:
$ sudo dkms --help
to check on dkms installation.  If not installed the download can be
started from http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/dkms
You may have to download some of its dependent package (red dots)
also.  Under Linux when you:
$ sudo dpkg -i dkms*.deb
you will be informed what additional packages may be necessary.

To support compiling you will also need packages
linux-headers-2.6.35-22  and  linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic
start from http://packages.ubuntu.com/   and  use the Search box, to
search for linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic
After both are downloaded to linux, they can both be installed with:
$ sudo dpkg -i linux*.deb

Finally get the modem specific packges:
Get the packages agrsm-11c11040_20091225_i386.deb,
agrsm-tools_0.0.1_all.deb and  agrsm_howto.txt
  All available at:
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/

Under Linux, start the installations with:
$ sudo dpkg -i agrsm*.deb
The DKMS module update system will take over midway, compiling and
installing the drivers,
and will again do so when you boot up with a different kernel.

MarvS