Re: BSNL USB Modem

Ashok,

Please try the following:

1) Fire up a terminal(shell/Command line prompt), and type
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

Let it work in the background, hopefully it finds successfully a modem
port like /dev/ttyACM0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 or similar.  Then edit the file
/etc/wvdial.conf with sudo, like
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
and remove the ";", add appropriate username, password, and ISP phone
number, if it is a cell phone add something like #777.  Then try to
connect:

$ sudo wvdial

if you can connect, you are are in business, if you can't then check
to see if you get some numbers and wvdial reports that you are
connected.  If you can get here, please reply back.  Otherwise, check
this document out:

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-nineth/msg00578.html

and

Hope this helps,