Re: Help is needed!

Timothy,

Great!!

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Timothy Dolan II
<timothydolan2nd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So i went through everything and everything came back right. No errors
> or anything. Now I'm trying to do a test dial using this gnome dialer as
> front end and it's not detecting the modem? on any of the ports, but it
> does say this in /etc/wvdial.conf:
>

> [Dialer Defaults]
> Init1 = ATZ
> Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
> Modem Type = Analog Modem
> Baud = 460800
> New PPPD = yes
> Modem = /dev/ttySL0
> ISDN = 0
> ; Phone = <Target Phone Number>
> ; Password = <Your Password>
> ; Username = <Your Login Name>

Edit the file /etc/wvdial.conf with
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf

and remove the ";" and add your ISP phone number where it says Phone =
 , add your assigned ISP username and your password.  Try doing it
with the terminal first then you may configure gnome-pppd
Don't forget to add a line
"Carrier Check = no" to /etc/wvdial.conf (needed for slmodemd &
martian modem drivers)

$ sudo modprobe ungrab-winmodem
$ sudo modprobe slamr

then

$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial

edit the file /etc/wvdial.conf with above instructions.  Try to
connect after editing by doing
$ sudo wvdial

upon connecting, see if you can browse, if you can't add the
nameservers you get through the terminal when it says connected.  Add
these to file /etc/resolv.conf and save it with sudo priviledges.  Try
to see if you can surf.  If you can, then your work is almost if not
already done.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Antonio