Re: U56LVP softmodem from polypower

Christoph,

Sadly, there have been no success reports with this modem.  :

Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 001:
	Modem chipset  detected on
SLOT="Bus 001 Device 003:"
NAME="Agere Systems, Inc. (Lucent) Systems Soft Modem"
bus=001
USBmodemID=047e:2892
IDENT=agrsm
Driver=agrsm

For a detailed USB cellphone usage report, see
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-eighth/msg03240.html
 For candidate modem in:  001
    Agere Systems, Inc. (Lucent) Systems Soft Modem
      Primary device ID:  047e:2892
 Support type needed or chipset:	agrsm

If there are users that have had success with this modem, please reply
to this message.

Regards,

Antonio