Re: ModemData.txt

b a,

I made a mistake.  Sorry for that.  I will correct it with the proper advice.

your modem is supported through martian code.  scanModem reports the following:

Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 00:0d.0:
	Modem chipset  detected on
NAME="Communication controller: Agere Systems LT WinModem "
CLASS=0780
PCIDEV=11c1:044c
SUBSYS=11c1:044c
IRQ=5
IDENT=Agere.DSP

 For candidate modem in:  00:0d.0
   0780 Communication controller: Agere Systems LT WinModem
      Primary device ID:  11c1:044c
 Support type needed or chipset:	Agere.DSP

 The modem has a Lucent/Agere/LSI Mars or Apollo DSP (digital signal
processing) chipset.
Support packages for 2.6.n kernels are at:
 http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/
 http://packages.debian.org/sid/martian-modem-source/
Always use the most update for kernels after 2.6.20, currently
martian-full-20080625.tar.gz
For kernels 2.6.20 and less, usr martian-full-20080407.tar.gz.

 See DOCs/AgereDSP.txt for Details.

 At http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/
get the martian-full-20080625.tar.gz and follow Readme-NOW.html
 0x044c -- Mars 3 Perseus data/fax only:North America and Global board
 0x044c -- Mars 3.2 Mercury data fax only when no eeprom is present,
North America DAA
-------------- end Agere Systems section -------------------

For your kernel, kernel 2.6.32-21-generic, the following file is needed:

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/martian-full-20100123.tar.gz

Download above files along with
linux-libc-dev and libc6-dev packages for the version of Ubuntu you
are running, then after installing them with
$ sudo dpkg -i linux-libc-dev*
and
$ sudo dpkg -i libc6-dev*

then you may run
$ tar -zxvf martian-full-20100123.tar.gz
$ cd martian-full-20100123
$ make all
$ sudo make install
$ sudo modprobe martian_dev
$ sudo martian_modem

Leave it running and open up another terminal, and run
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

and see if it finds modem port /dev/ttySM0.  Report back if you
encounter diffculties and sorry for my mistake in previous mail.

This confirms the packages linux-libc6-dev and other package:

For martian_modem, additional required packages are needed. The also
required headers of package libc6 are commonly installed by default.
 Compiling hsfmodem drivers does require linux-libc-dev and libc6-dev
packages, for kernels 2.6.24 and later versions.
 In not included on your install CD, search for them at
http://packages.ubuntu.com

Regards,

Antonio