The modem_test program that comes with slmodem

Hi,

There is a modem_test program that comes with the slmodem package, but I can't see how it can be used.

If I run modem_test, it creates two modem instances and connects them back to back. If I connect to the AT command ports of both modem instances, using a pair of minicom programs, I can use AT commands, and the two modem instance respond properly. However, any attempt to dial or answer instantly fails, because the two modem instances are running as fast as they can and time out nearly instantly.

Can anyone tell me how to get useful behaviour from this program?

Steve