Re: Nuris Figueroa, CUBA kernel 2.6.31-17-generic

Nuris,

You might not have the option I quoted :(.  I guess you need to find a
way to get the slmodem and ungrab-winmodem packages:

Since there is no prebuilt package for your kernel, the task is in
your hands, i.e, meaning do download latest slmodemd tarball and
ungrab-winmodem tarballs

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/slmodem-2.9.11-20100303.tar.gz
and
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/ungrab-winmodem-20090716.tar.gz

Extract them both,

i.e,
$ tar -zxvf slmodem-2.9.11-20100303.tar.gz
$ cd slmodem-2.9.11-20100303/
$ make KERNEL_DIR=/lib/modules/2.6.32-22-generic/build
$ make
$ sudo make install
$ cd ..
$ tar -zxvf ungrab-winmodem-20090716.tar.gz
$ cd ungrab-winmodem-20090716
$ sudo make all
$ sudo make install
$ sudo modprobe ungrab-winmodem
$ sudo modprobe slamr
$ sudo slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY /dev/slamr0

Then open another tab/terminal and type
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

to find modem port /dev/ttySL0, edit the file /etc/wvdial.conf with
sudo priviledges, remove ";" and add username/ISP phone no/and
Password and a line Carrier Check = no.  Try to connect.  The modem
should work and connect.  Let us know if this works or not.

Regards,

Antonio