Re: Request for Assistance - Identify modem and driver needed

Jonathan,

scanModem reports that your modem (11c11040) would be supported but
under 32 bit installation.  Since you are using 64 bit, it has sadly
no chance of working :(

/*
 There is no agrsm software support for x86_64 systems, through the
modem may be
 supported on Intel/i386 installations, which do more slowly servce
x86_64 processors.

Some modem drivers can only be used in 32 bit modem on x86_64 systems,
while some others are competent on x86_64 Systems.  Cases are:
1) http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg03119.html
for the snd-hda-intel audio+modem driver. Also applicable to AC97
modem controllers.
In both cases, 32 bit libraries must be installed to support the
slmodemd helper having a precompiled 32 bit component.
2) For USB modems using the slusb.ko driver. 32 bit libraries must be
installed to support the slmodemd helper having a precompiled 32 bit
component
3) The hsfmodem and hcfpcimodem drivers for Conexant chipsest modes
are x86_64 competent.
4) agrsm packages for LSI/AgereSystems softmodems are not competent on
x86_64 systems.

*/

Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 00:1b.0:
	Modem chipset  detected on
NAME="Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H "
CLASS=0403
PCIDEV=8086:284b
SUBSYS=103c:308a
IRQ=16
HDA2=00:1b.0
SOFT=8086:284b.HDA
HDAchipVendorID=11c1
CHIP=0x11c11040
IDENT=agrsm
Driver=agrsm
package=agrsm-11c11040

 For candidate modem in:  00:1b.0
   0403 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H
      Primary device ID:  8086:284b
    Subsystem PCI_id  103c:308a
    Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics: 0x11c11040
                               from    Archives:
                        The HDA card softmodem chip is 0x11c11040

Support type needed or chipset:	agrsm

Writing DOCs/Intel.txt

 There is no agrsm software support for x86_64 systems, through the
modem may be
 supported on Intel/i386 installations, which do more slowly servce
x86_64 processors.

But if you install 32 bit version, you may get service for your modem.

Regards,

Antonio