Re: Agere soft-modem (11c11040 chipset) on Ubuntu 10.04 (kernel 2.6.32)

Hello once again, thnx for your patience !

My first attempts were performed using agrsm-test which (AFAIK) uses
wvdial under the hood. Initially agrsm-test just hung after outputting
S1 S2 ... to stdout and couldn't kill it using Ctrl+C :$ . After
rebooting a few times and touching a few things (e.g. work in stupid
mode , ...) I could make it work , but process (driver) hangs from
time to time ... Anyway, after setting up the routing table (I'm
curious, is it a *MUST* ? I don't imagine end-users doing that; sorry
about the criticism but I'm just hoping there's an OOTB way to do that
, similar to Windows perhaps; as you can imaging I'm a developer but
also a neophyte regarding modems ;o)

Q:
  - It seems I have to modprobe agrsm* KOs
    manually so that they will be loaded. Is it normal ?
  - Even if it started to work I can't hear the modem tones
    Please, how could I ?

Thnx very much !!! I liked DKMS stuff . Cool !!!

PS: /me trying (undocumented ?) `options` workaround (why would I use
gedit rather than vim especially considering that green is better than
blue ? :P )

However there is no such power_save=10

{{{
#!sh

$ grep "options snd-" /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
options snd-atiixp-modem index=-2
options snd-intel8x0m index=-2
options snd-via82xx-modem index=-2
options snd-usb-audio index=-2
options snd-usb-us122l index=-2
options snd-usb-usx2y index=-2
options snd-usb-caiaq index=-2
options snd-cmipci mpu_port=0x330 fm_port=0x388
options snd-pcsp index=-2

$ grep "power_save" /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
}}}