Re: I need support to use my modem

Antonio,

Please copy all responses to Cuban inquiries to Cary, who is helping
with Cuba specific issues.  In particular, our US repositories cannot
be accessed directly, so a process is being setup to get then a
complete set of all the current packages.

Cary,

Please help Ismael with the Cuban specific issues.

 Download from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
 the package SLMODEMD_gcc4.3_alsa1.0.18.tar.gz having a compiled
slmodemd. Unpack under Linux with:
 	$ tar zxf SLMODEMD_gcc4.3_alsa1.0.18.tar.gz
 and read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with command:
 	sudo slmodemd -c USA --alsa modem:1
 reporting dynamic creation of ports:
	/dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
 Read DOCs/Smartlink.txt and Modem/DOCs/YourSystem.txt for follow
through guidance.
For usage on
CPU=i686,  Ubuntu ,  ALSA_version=1.0.18
Linux version 2.6.28-13-generic

MarvS