Re: can't find the carrier

 I realized that I have to add this line below to the
 wvdial.conf in the /etc path
 Dial Command = ATX3DT

 a@a:/$ sudo wvdial
 --> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
 --> Initializing modem.
 --> Sending: ATZX3
 ATZX3
 OK
 --> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
 ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
 OK
 --> Modem initialized.
 --> Sending: ATX3DT198999
 --> Waiting for carrier.
 ATX3DT198999
 NO CARRIER
 --> No Carrier!  Trying again.
 --> Sending: ATX3DT198999
 --> Waiting for carrier.
 ATX3DT198999

  Then I tried this which I am wondering if it is the
 problem

 a@a:~$ sudo ls /dev/modem -l
 [sudo] password for a:
 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 2010-04-07 18:06 /dev/modem ->
 ttySHSF0