Re: can't find the carrier

Rami,

Don't know in Advance if this will work?, but you may try it out and
hopefully it works out.

5.4.4.  When trying to dial my ISP I get "No Carrier" error ?
  It has been reported that making the following changes to your
configuration will work:
 Replace the command ATZ with ATZX3
 Replace the command ATDT with ATX3DT

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Conexant+Rockwell-modem-HOWTO/hsf.html#AEN483

Troubleshooting a "NO CARRIER" Condition
When viewing a failed dialout attempt in our Trace Window, a modem's
NO CARRIER reply to the ATDT dial string is the most common issue.  A
NO CARRIER reply back from the modem is a sign that the modem was
unable to establish a connection to the remote endpoint.  This can
happen if the modem is told to dial a malformed number, a telco
problem is present or a modem negotiation issue causes the connection
to fail.
In summary:
A malformed number is when the format of the number being dialed is
incorrect.  Possible causes include a '9' is being dialed but not
needed to acquire an outside line, an area code and/or leading '1' is
missing, the dialed number is simply incorrect, or there are
characters in the number that the modem can not process.
A telco issue essentially means that the telephone service lines (T1
or POTS) connected to the modem server are not capable out making
outbound calls or the lines don't have a long distance carrier. Both
this and the above "malformed number" condition usually show the NO
CARRIER response being returned within a couple of seconds of the dial
command.
A modem negotiation problem occurs when the two modems can not agree
on the communication protocols to be used.  To fully diagnose this
type of problem, it may be necessary to see the CONNECT string from a
successful connection to that endpoint with a local modem (i.e., not a
modem server) to determine what baud rate, error
correction and data compression are required by the destination modem.

http://www.tacticalsoftware.com/support/tech-notes/troubleshooting-no-carrier.htm

Hope this helps,

Antonio